Well the Craft Fair is nearly upon me - Friday and Saturday- and I have been beavering away making a few last minute things, pricing, pressing and mentally arranging my stand. God I'm jittery, for two reasons really. One - what if it's all been for nothing and I sit there for two days watching people go past. We did a Christmas fair in France once and stood freezing our bits off for two days and took the princely sum of 15 euros and spent that on mulled wine to try to keep the cold out, and two - will I be able to hack the actual fair without have a hissy fit and running for the door. L has rearranged her shifts to be with me on both days. Well Bach rescue remedy and Kalms at the ready, fingers crossed . Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I'm soon to be the proud owner of new specs. I had an eye test yesterday and need a slightly stronger prescription so had a lovely time trying on new frames. It's only when you try the new ones that you realise that your old ones are looking really dated. I've gone for one semi rimless pair and a pair with purple metal frames. What a trendy Toady.
I'm hoping that our dogless state will soon be at an end. OH is going off to Lundy to work again in January, only for a fortnight but I don't relish being here alone [ well except for Mother] so I've been surfing the Dogs Trust and local rescue sites and there are a couple of possibilities. We don't 'do' puppies , as delightful as they are , they're too much like hard work. Well that's for in a couple of weeks. Must not overload myself.
I'd Rather Dance than Watch
8 years ago



8 comments:
I agree about puppies being too much hard work - but they are worth it once they've stopped weeing in the house and chewing everything in site!!
If you don't do well at the craft fair I will be very surprised. Your creations are beautiful and very cheap (price wise). Really, I think you ought to charge more, it seems to me that you have put an awful lot of hard work into them.
Best wishes and whatever happens on Friday and Saturday, have a wonderful day.
Crystal xx
Toady, I'm sure people will be searching for lovely things like yours, esp. for Christmas gifts. Try not to worry, have the Bach at your side, plus a swig of , um, elderflower wine?, and you'll be fine.
I am sure you will do well at the craft fair. I agree with Crystal your prices are very low for things which are beautiful, handmade and original. Good luck.
Toady, I'm sure the fair will be great - good luck with it.
I hope it goes well for you. Intrigued as to what OH does on Lundy - I've always wanted to go there. I do so want to a puppy but know how much hard work they'd be ...
OH yes many is the merry weekend I have frozen to death at craft fayres but your stuff will sell like hot cake sadn think what fun you can have people watching! Wish I could come too!!You wil I am sure be a roaring success!!
Had a fair bit of catching up.
Good news on the tribunal, must have been hard thing to go through, don't envy you having to but it must have been such a great feeling when you won.
Of course now that has been tempered by loosing Bo, how very sad. I would miss Sassy terribly if she wasn't here. I would also miss the company of a dog as I have always had one except when a student. I have pups but hate the first two years. So see were you are coming from it is also good that people will give an older dog a loving home so hope you find one soon.
Finally best of luck with the fair sure you will do well
Very best of luck with the craft fair. I agree with the comment here that you might not be charging enough for such lovely things (easy for me to say I know). Good news on the dog front too!
Post a Comment