Wednesday, 14 November 2007

A Day Out for the Birthday Girl


Yesterday did not get off to the best of starts. L got caught up in roadworks as she came to collect me, but after some nifty driving we made the train with 30 seconds to spare. The train cuts right down the middle of Devon, the quiet bit that nobody seems to know. It has neither the stark grandeur of Dartmoor to the west or the rolling lushness of Exmoor to the East.

After a much needed comfort stop and then a coffee we hit the shops. There is a new much-hyped shopping complex just opened which was a bit of a dissappointment - all a bit too new, but we managed to find some things we liked. Then on to lunch in Wagamamas. I think it is a chain but I've never seen the like before - fantastic. I suppose it is based on a Japanese noodle bar but the food was wonderful, all freshly cooked to order with lots of strange and exotic flavours that were new to me. Toady even proved to be a dab hand with chopsticks!


The replacement sewing machine has at last arrived. I am very gingerly finding my round it - to be honest I'm a bit frightened of it but I wont let it beat me.


The craft fair at RHS Rosemoor is coming up fast - last weekend of this month, and I'm running out of storage space for all the stuff I have made. I'm really hoping that it will be a success. BTW if anyone wants to reserve anything from the shop I'll happily put it by for you ready for Chr*****s.


The picture shows two Purplecooers strutting their stuff. Which two do you think they are?

12 comments:

Casdok said...

Your sewing machine has come...yeah! I hope it does what you want!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a challenge! I guess UPL could be one of them, looking rather French but I'll leave it to the experts to decide.

I do hope you manage to sell everything.

Crystal xx

Fennie said...

Yes I was going to say UPL, too - or one of her sisters (or even two). It's the 1920's style.

Best of luck with the sales, Toady

Un Peu Loufoque said...

C'est pas moi!!!However I did have a very good friend when I lived in cairo who after a few drinks used to put her ankle on mens shoulders when she was talkng to them, it was sort of her party trick, she was a very limber girl and terribly popular!!!I thnk it must have been her smile made fellows flock to her , can't imagine what else it could have been.......

Elizabethd said...

Oh, come now, UPl, you are hiding.It's such a good photo, you should be pleased with it!

Suffolkmum said...

I'll go for UPL and Sally! I do love Wagammama's - used to go a lot, but haven't been for ages. Hope you've got the better of that sewing machine.

Norma Murray said...

Sounds like a good day out. Best of luck with the craft fair.

bodran... said...

Actually i think its jackofall, the turn of the head the click in the hip! Great news about the machine ..x

Sam Fox said...

Great day out, Toady! Loved the sound of Wagamama's - I don't think we have them in NZ, certainly not Whangarei anyway. Yummm! Good luck with the new machine!

Pipany said...

I'm sure you will sell EVERYTHING! The very best of luck Toady and whip that machine into shape!!! xx

Faith said...

One of them is definitely Kitty!!!

Good news about your sewing machine. I havent been in your shop for a while so will have a look.

CAMILLA said...

Dear Toady,
So pleased that the sewing machine has arrived. Best of luck at the craft fair, know they will sell like "hot cakes". I am off to visit your site now Toady, oooh love that floral linen bag, I love anything floral.

Camilla.xx