Monday, 1 October 2007

October's Vintage Calender Advert


9 comments:

Milla said...

Ahh, the good old days, with so few cars on the road you didn't even need to look out of the windscreen to drive!

Casdok said...

Before my time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pipany said...

I would so love to do the Brighton Rally - oh, for Genevieve!!!! Hope the day is a good one for you Toady xx

Blossomcottage said...

Thats me I want one, my ambition is to have a cardigan that has a spare button at the top and a spare button hole at the bottom, a pair of zip up fleece boots, a wooly pompom hat and a Morris Minor Drop Head car!!!
Blossom

Anonymous said...

I used to be taken to Brownies in one of those, a pale blue colour it was and I will never forget that old car smell it had. It was in the 70's.

Crystal xx

Exmoorjane said...

Eeew, no thank you! Reminds me too much of my Beetle (1967 model) which, while lovely, was freezing cold or boiling hot and the heaters were operated by little levers by the gearbox.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Oh so much nicer than all the in your face bling cars you see today!!!The musty smell of the leather seats and the open up split windscreen and oh Pipany I had forgotten all about Genevieve and the London to Brighton!!!

bodran... said...

I've had everything but a morris to drive around in which isnt fair as my maidename was morris, i always fancied a traveller though the ones with wood on ....I'll try to be a good girl deserving of lovely picture xx

annakarenin said...

Brings back memories of my mothers first car. A triumph Herald that she drove us round in. I love the interior of old cars. Would love a Morris or Triumph convertable but

a, too small for the brood and

b, need reliability with children have spent far too much time stuck on the side of roads waiting to be rescued in my student and early marriage days.

Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time but here is to hoping the sessions do have a long term affect eventually.

Hope the shop is doing well, good idea running stuff down the side of your blog like that.