Thursday, 25 October 2007

Can't Think of a Title

I was looking down the list of bloggers with a certain sadness. Lots of names that just seem to have dropped out leaving me wondering why. Have we offended, are we cliquey, were they spies from another site? Then joy of joys this week two of my favourites pop up out of the blue. Cowgirl, whose blog is an absolute delight on a dark morning with your first cuppa, bringing some antipodean sunshine to gloomy Britain, and Sue at Kilmeedy whose blog can have you laughing at the antics of those ruddy goats and then crying for the poor little souls that don't make it in spite of Sue's sterling efforts.

Things do not go well at Toady Towers. The sewing machine saga continues and will not be resolved for several weeks yet. I have bought from the TV before with no problems at all, but this will make me think twice.
OH and daughter are having problems with a certain someone that I will not name, and this is bringing discord which I find very unsettling. I think a good slap is called for!

The tribunal is coming up fast [ Friday week]. At the weekend my daughter is coming round so that we can go through all the papers to prepare ourselves and I'm starting to wind myself up big time. I'm getting very jumpy, not sleeping very well and dwelling. Can't wait till it's over now - win or lose.

To try to keep myself occupied I have been sewing like a thing possessed and indulging in my fabric habit. I've been making bags, aprons and Christmassy things like there's no tomorrow . I hope to have them on the site by the weekend.

This is the time of year I dread. The clocks are going back which augurs dark days . Here in North Devon we've been hanging on with some great late sunshine. At the weekend I'm hoping to get some bulbs potted up and put the garden to bed. Talking of plants, the lavenders that I trimmed back a month ago have all budded up again as has the mimosa, and the mahonia that shouldn't flower till January is doing it's stuff right now. The world's going mad - and I think I'm going with it.

The picture is the birthday card from OH. Well he never was a hearts and flowers kinda guy!

16 comments:

Posie said...

I was wondering what had happened to some of those bloggers too Toady, but as you say great that some of the 'old' girls have joined us. Hope all goes well with the tribunal, you are a winner whatever the outcome, you have stood your ground and let them know that what happened was not acceptable, whatever the law says, at the end of the day you will have made them sit up and think. Good on you and hope you wipe the floor with them!

Sally Townsend said...

Know what you mean about putting the clocks back, we shall just all have to gather round and keep each others spirits up wont we ? Keep us posted about your case, fingers crossed from down here.

Chris Stovell said...

Sorry you've been having a trying time - just what you don't need. As you prepare for the tribunal just keep in mind that the rest of us here are rooting for you.

Pondside said...

We're in your corner, Toady! Don't get too wound up - you are in the right, so just centre with that in mind.
I'll pop round and have a look at your site on the weekend to see your new stuff - sounds lovely!

Elizabethd said...

Hope all goes well, Toady. You deserve the best.

Pipany said...

Do you sew faster when you're wound up Toady? I find I can knit like a demon (do they knit?) when I have a temper upon me - obviously a rarity!!!! Good luck with the tribunal xx

bodran... said...

Dear Toady, It'll all come out in the wash as mum used to say. I hate this time of year and i'm panicking that the clocks are going back, i'm so clinging on to the daylight....
I want a french cushion of you the nostalgia one i think it was .. PM me xxx

Casdok said...

Sorry to hear your sewing machine saga is on going.

Norma Murray said...

One good thing about the evenings coming on earlier, is that I won't feel so guilty about spending time on the computer. Best of luck with the tribunal...

Suffolkmum said...

Sorry to hear it's all a bit trying at the moment. As the others have said, what will be will be, but we are all here and rooting for you. I hate it when the clocks go back too. I agree it's lovely that some 'oldies' have joined us.

Anonymous said...

Great birthday card! Lots happening in your life, it's great to catch up with all the bloggers on site. And to welcome new bloggers is an added bonus.

Crystal xx

Exmoorjane said...

Toady....not long to go now so keep your chin up, girl....just hang in there and get the darn thing out of the way....we are most definitely behind you every darn step of the way...
I so agree with what you have said about our fellow bloggers....it is SO lovely to have Cowgirl and Sue back again..I have really missed them. Do wish we could bring a few more of the old crew back into the fold..but who knows? We never know what's round the corner...hopefully some good things (you certainly deserve a good bit of luck...)
I too hate the clocks going back and the descent into winter...so hard. This year I have promised myself a daylight lamp to try to deter the winter blues...must get onto that.
All love.....fingers very crossed for the tribunal... Glad you're not facing it alone. jxxxxxxxxx

bradan said...

Sorry to hear that things have not been going too well for you, Toady. Hope all goes well at the tribunal, fingers crossed. xx

Sam Fox said...

Hi Toady! Have found you and your blog - am a bit slow at all this am afraid - which is why it took so long, with much needed encouragement from dear old WW! Wow, am going to have to find time to go back and read it all up. Not right now I'm afraid, but definitely soon. What is the court case??? Am sorry - it sounds as if all is not indeed well at Toady Towers. Really glad to be in touch again - and here's a cowgirl hug. 0000 loved the desperate housewife gin pic!!! How did you know????? xxxx

Faith said...

Funny you should say that about bloggers - I often wonder where people have gone. Still its very difficult to keep up with everything and everyone has busy lives. I hardly get to read many blogs anymore. Must look at your shop too.

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Hi there, Toady! Know what you mean about the clocks going back, but I'm trying to tell myself to make the most of the (slightly) lighter mornings. Must be horrid waiting for the tribunal, but hold on to the fact that by a week on Saturday it's all going to be behind you and whatever will be, will be. Glad to hear you're throwing yourself into sewing - I find making things very therapeutic - and looking forward to seeing them on your site.