Well to start this sorry tale let's go back to last Monday. New sewing machine arrived, I set it up and read the instructions, did some practice stitches and was all set to get on with some proper stitching next morning. On Tuesday I gathered up some work, threaded it up and pressed the button for go and.... well nothing really, just an error message on the display. After much telephoning and being passed around I spoke to Dave the engineer. He got me to twiddle and tighten and thread and re-thread. Apparently a problem with the pressure foot. Telephone the company that I bought it from and to cut a long story short it's gone back. I don't know at this point whether it will be replaced or refunded, so not a happy bunny.
Next my daughter bought a new laptop. OH and daughter excitedly setting it up [ this stuff goes right over my head] oops, nothing on screen. Again much telephoning and head scratching and they sent an engineer round with a new screen and as far as I know it's all working properly.
Then late on Thursday our old ISP pulled the plug on us before our new one was ready. It's been a horribly long weekend without an internet connection and I've been really lost. So lot's of catching up to do, blogs to read and common room to visit.
Le'ts hope this week is a little less bothersome.
I'd Rather Dance than Watch
8 years ago



4 comments:
No internet conection, i know the feeling! Horrid! You dont realise how addicted you are till something like that happends!
So yes hope you have a better week!!
I wonder whether there's been something going on with the planets this week - our Aga has gone out five times, rang the Aga man - couldn't come til today, then, when he did come, it seems to be a blocked oil line, which the oil company has to sort out and they can't come until a week on Thursday.
Not nice being without internet, though - you feel quite cut off.
How was your birthday, by the way?
LBD x
Oh what a week Toady. The machine problem must have driven you nuts when you have so much work to do. Have you still got your old one? Hope all gets sorted quickly xx
Oh I do hate weeks like that. I do think something's going on at the moment - our appliances are breaking down all over the place, thankfully not the pc - yet. Hope your week improves.
Post a Comment