F1 practice sessions and the grand prix. Rugby followed by more rugby and to cap it all last night, boxing. Oh my giddy aunt. I had planned to avoid the lot by playing with my new machine but of course it hasn't arrived. I've done so much cutting out that I've blunted my scissors. - No don't touch the scissors. They are very expensive left-handed cutting out shears and if you borrow them you'll suffer the consequences. I'm not usually precious with my things. You can borrow anything you like but don't touch the scissors.
One new piece of technology is our new Sky digibox with all it's fancy pauses and recording facilities. I'm not really bothered about Sky . We had the basic system but when our ISP hitched up our monthly fee by £10 a month without telling us, and their sevice was lousy, we made a few enquiries and we can have the whole kit and caboodle for less money. The only problem is changing our email addresses.
We've been bathing in sunshine for the last week. It's been the strangest year I can remember. I had a session out in the garden, tidying and cutting back. The pot geraniums are still going strong and might even go through till Christmas, and I pulled out the last of the tomatoes and made yet more chutney. I think I've made about 20lbs so far and then my neighbour passed over another 10lb bag of pears.
And this week will be my 55th birthday. No how did that happen? I sailed through 40, stuck two fingers up at 50 but 55 just seems a step too far. I know I've started thinking about big knickers, and cardies seem a good idea, but I can't imagine how I got here.
Enjoy your week.
I'd Rather Dance than Watch
8 years ago



14 comments:
We will have a whip round for some big knickers for you!
It must be a mistake. I have had just had 53 and am clearly about 42. I am also on the chutney treadmill. I do enjoy it but this year's apple crop is just beyond a joke.
Love your bags!
I agree that the 50s whizz round all too fast. No big knickers please. Now's the time to invest in something really gorgeous and sexy. Ok if need be, wear them under your BIG knickers!
It's a good job we don't live together, Toady (not that I'm getting any strange ideas) but I was very happy to see 2 games of rugby and a boxing match on one day!
Now, Toady - I really can't see you in big knickers. Cardis, yes, but big knickers a step too far.
Hope your machine arrives before too long - looking forward to seeing the results.
LBD xx
Oh Nedlework scissors are scared, I know that from my mother and you must never ever cut paper with them on pain of death!! Sadly all scissors are fair game when you have a 7 year old with a Heath Robinson imagination therefore ihave no needlework scissors no kitchen boning scissors and every other sort of scissors are blunt!!
Pooh about your machine!! I have run out of things to glaze waiting for my kiln part nad spent evenign surfing American folk art sites to avoid the rugby!! One can after all how too much of a good thing...like your chutney and pears!!!
Welcome to Club 55 Toady! Get right out there and buy some knock-out undies!
Good luck keeping your scissors inviolate!
Hope the machine arrives for you soon Toady. I loathed getting to 50, but I am going to be 60 in January, I can hardly believe it, feel about 30 still. I plan on doing something outrageous, so rebel about the coming of that age.
Oh left-handed scissors, yes please, could do with a pair of them, even a LH Cheque Book, one being left-handed. Love Tomato Chutney, did not get round to setting the Tomato's up this year.
Camilla.x
How funny Toady - I go MAD if my scissors are touched, yet I'm pretty laid back about anything else! Hope he machine arrives soon - blasted postal strike!!! xx
I promise you I have no intention of touching your scissors - barely know what to do with them! I know what you mean about ageing - I keep thinking hang on, aren't I still 18? Then I look in the mirror and clearly am not.
Yup, think you need to celebrate in DEEP style, Toady. Let us know when it is, won't you - feel in the mood for a party!!!
Some people just don't understand about scissors, do they? I have found mine being used for the most horrendous things...
Hope your machine arives soon, wretched post strike is driving me mad!
Oh I am so sick of all the rugby and footie matches on the telly here too, still on a positive note it gives me a chance to finish reading the novel I have been ploughing through all summer.
Happy hippy hoppy birthday have a good one and never mind the age. Posie x
Post a Comment