
I haven't blogged for a couple of days. Nothing exciting or earth shattering has occurred, just the usual. I can tell you about my new bed though. As OH is 6'4" and built like a brick built convenience we have always had a kingsize bed. Mother has to have the big front bedroom as her bedsitting room so we have the small back bedroom where alas a kingsize has proved to be just not on. Too much stubbing of toes during nocturnal trips to the bathroom, no cat swinging space. We have now gone down to an ordinary double, but the pay off is that we have indulged in a memory foam mattress - absolute heaven. The accusations of me bed hogging have started. How little 5'4" of me can hog the bed against 6'4" of muscle and gristle is beyond me , and insult heaped upon insult, I have started to snore. apparently.
The photo is of a clematis left behind by the previous owners. I'm about to get my big book out to identify it, pretty though aint it.



11 comments:
The size difference is a problem isn't it - I often feel like the hippo and chick ad... will leave you to work out which is which! The memory foam sounds excellent - will be interested to hear how it goes.
We need a new matresss - that sounds good. The clematis is beautiful, we have a smilar one which has appeared out of nowhere, threading it's way through a choisya (sp?) bush - it is, fittingly, deep purple!
We decided long ago the perfect bed would be large enough to accomodate all the cats and children and us but to have one that size we would have to have a mattresss built!
I remember in Singapore sleeping in American sized beds in a hotel me him and youngest aged 3 then and still plenty of room for a couple of obese americans should we have known any to invite! Bliss!
I also need a new mattress-do you think they may help or hinder tendency for snoring?? If all else fails I may well place it on top of hubby to muffle his insessant racket!
Clematis is lovely-we have 4-5 different varieties.
warm wishes
xx
Memory foam mattress sounds good, but why have you started to snore!
Is the clematis a President? We have a similar and I think thats what it s called.
i snore to toady and my hubby says he sleeps on the edge has i hog the bed x jep
4711! Yes, that's it, I'll edit blog! Thank you Toady!
stubbing toes in the night is not good!!x
hubby snores REALLY LOUDLY!! you can hear him all over the house. he says it's not him.
Just caught up again and it is funny not just knowing your name but also what you look like. Toady is not a name that brings to mind the person in the piccie as you can imagine you are far too attractive.
That dress was lovely and befitting of your pretty daughter. I do miss not getting to buy(could never make)pretty dresses I am not a fan of pink but I have always liked pretty dresses in other colours.
On snoring it is an age thing. Hubs is only 37 he used to snore only when drunk but I am finding it is happening more frequently now. He is too polite to comment on me but I fear I am going the same way as my parents both horrendous snorers.
Foam memory bed sounds blissful!
Post a Comment