Friday, 11 May 2007

Bit of a ramble

Not a blog just a bit of a ramble. It’s one of those days when I feel completely out of wack with the world. I have been waking up at 5:30 ever morning for over a week now. It’s no good trying to get back to sleep so I get up, make tea and crank up the computer and see who’s about on CCW. This morning I took OH up a cuppa at about 8 and lay chatting on the bed. Next thing I know it’s 9:30 and he’s off out the door and the next thing I know is it’s 11. I have not been back to sleep like that for years and it probably did me the power of good but now I feel all out of kilter.

I’m very fed up now with the rain. I know I wanted it for the garden but you can have too much of a good thing. It’s the Ten Torrs this weekend and they’re monitoring the weather very carefully in view of the tragic death of the local girl during practice earlier in the year.
The forecast is awful through till at least Monday. I’m hoping for dry tomorrow morning so I can go the Car boot.

According to the entrants exam I have psychopathic tendencies, but I blame it on too much reading and telly. I’m addicted to reading and watching Inspector Morse, PD James, Dalziel and Pascoe; I can’t get enough of them.

It’s absolutely lashing down at the moment and I’m thinking about our Blossom. So very sad to lose a friend like that but she will remember the laughter after the tears are all shed and all the wonderful memories.

10 comments:

Inthemud said...

You obviously needed that extra sleep, but know what you mean when you wake and are out of kilter, brain get muddled, hope you feel brighter later on.

Bluestocking Mum said...

It's strange how easy it is to fall into a sleep 'habit,' waking up the same time every day. I wonder if you go to be 2 hours later for couple of nights if it will move to 7.30?!!

I'm afraid I heard there is still more rain forecast so you might need your kagool for the car boot-you got some good things last week and there may not be many there if it's raining-more bargains for yoU!

warm wishes
xx

Suffolkmum said...

Yes, I agree with Chickangel, try going to bed a bit later? You'll probably feel refreshed later by your sleep, but I know what you mena, you feel really out of kilter when you wake like that.
Apparently I have psycopathic tendencies too, as that thought did cross my mind before I read you comment!

lixtroll said...

My sleeping habits used to be terrible, waking up at 3am, wide awake all the rest of the night, then falling asleep promptly the minute I was supposed to get up at 7.30, sleeping in until 9 - then tired out in the afternoon etc, I often felt out of kilter. Since the Purplecoo came into my life though, I swear I have slept like a log the whole night every night! I cannot explain it - my mind is better occupied with all the lovely blogs perhaps - But I also think it has to do with going to bed a lot later than I ever did before, as CCAngel just said.

Agree that the rain and sun ratio could be a lot better balanced! A bit of sunlight would do you the world of good.

Hope you feel better later on Toady X

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Will you please stop taunitng me wiht car boots! I shall ahve to do another vide grenier this weekend and its all your fault.. when they complain there is no food int eh house I shall say "blame toady" she made me do it!

Tattieweasle said...

Sleep is the elxir of life so glad you had an extra drop or two! It can make you a little muddle headed but it may do the trick and set you to rights again soon...

countrymousie said...

I wake early and if you then go back to sleep it puts you right out doesnt it. Rain here now and all weekend I hope if only to wash the chicken poo into the lawn! I think I have the same tendencies - perhaps we all do on this site. love mousie

Cait O'Connor said...

My first visit on this side!
Love your border collie pic. I have one too, my second. I will try and post a pic.
Sleep is the BEST THING. I never want to go to bed and I never want to get up in the morning, probably because I go to bed too late.
Enjoy your weekend.
Caitx

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh I hate that feeling - I wake up feeling in a panic and can't convince myself that I clearly needed the sleep.

And yes we made Lixtroll stay up late when we started Purplecoo and now when she has time to sleep she does sleep really well . . . . mind you take hours to wake her up with MSN burbling in her ear . . I can't be bothered to walk to knock on the door.

Pondside said...

Hi Toady - you must deeply need some rest - if not sleep then some serious down time with a book or just day dreams.
I found from the exam that I too am a psycopath heheh - so are many of the CEOs of the big companies. We psycos have to stick together!