Thursday, 26 April 2007

Toady


Such talent. I’ve been giggling and giggling – something I don’t do very often - over our new premises. I’m absolutely gobsmacked how some of our really talented writers have picked up the ball [netball natch] and run with it. This place has developed so quickly and perfectly and like a good radio play it is all perfectly formed now in my head and I’m just waiting for a George Cole type spiv to come out of the shrubbery with his shoulders hunched, wearing a calf length camel coat, and fag in the corner of his mouth. Perhaps that’s Jackofall in disguise. And to think without all the unpleasantness ‘elsewhere’ this would never have happened. Who said bloggers were saddos?

In my current delicate condition I do not want to be considered for Head Girl or even Prefect. I might manage Milk Monitor but would have to be excused if I’m having a bad day.

I think the time has come to have a school anthem. I think this should be selected by the Eurovision Song contest method, so that we can make a load of dosh by making people ring in on premium rate numbers in order to restock the wine cellar and start off the fund for the rebuilding of the belltower. My suggestion would be Purple Haze by Jimmi Hendrix.

Picture shows the lodge house at the end of the drive up to the school. The two ladies are touting for business and the man is trying to get up the courage to approach them.

8 comments:

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Not sure you should be carrying all those heavy crates as milk moniter, can you count? How about collecting the tuck money? (we could split the profits)

I shall put to mind to a school Anthem...loohttp://monologues.co.uk/Comic_Songs/index.htmk here for possibles...

toady said...

Counting skills still intact so far, well up to about 37 and then I get a bit addled.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

See my entry in chat room re anthem!! Hope you like the song.

ps I can do to about 15 if I use my fingers...

Blossomcottage said...

I prefer being Pencil Monitor not so heavy a scholl anthem wow what an idea, need someone musical, I aonly sing when the hoover is on.
Blossom.

Inthemud said...

Yes, I know what you mean, The place has come to life and the talent is just outstanding!
Yah,, Boo, Shucks, who needs CL! This is far better!

I used to love the St Trinians films! The music should be playing as a back drop as we blog!!

toady said...

Cue the out of tune piano.... altogether now.

Suffolkmum said...

It is the most amazing site. I was always a rubbish prefect though, far too soft.

. said...

I've never been a prefect ..... can I try out for one now? Or do you have to be well behaved and not get expelled? Would like to be excused drinking milk though, could never stand that warm smelly stuff they gave us at school!