Wednesday, 25 April 2007

Toady 's Blog




You rotten lot of show-offs. Click on the avatar, click on the link….you are all leaving me seriously behind. I’ve managed to redecorate in a soothing blue, and I’m just getting the shrivelled grey matter around scanning and uploading pictures. If today’s comes up it’s the dresser that I told you about many many moons ago ‘elsewhere’.It was a nasty dark wood 1970’s wall unit with mock leaded windows in the top. I’ve just stapled some napkins for now into the windows but I eventually want to put some punched zinc in. I’m waiting for OH to see ‘a man’ he knows. I think I’m in for a long wait. Please ignore the piled up junk on either side of the picture.

I have enrolled for the summer term of pottery. I started another coil pot last night. I like the way coiling seems to take on an organic life of it’s own. The clay was very fresh and sticky last night though and my pot is taking on a list to starboard. Geoff has promised to get some biscuit firing done this week so we can get some glazing done next week. As I said I think I’ll feel more inspired when I’ve got a few more things under my belt. Also it’s about the only time I get my daughter to myself for a couple of hours. She works very odd and long hours so when she comes to the house usually falls asleep on the sofa.

I don’t know if my blog about Mapp and Lucia on Purplecoo disappeared too quickly, but just to tell you that ITV 3 are repeating them at lunchtime on weekdays so set your videos. It is so funny and the settings and clothes are fantastic.

The other picture should it come up is OH at the Barbers when we were in France.

9 comments:

Un Peu Loufoque said...

EEh thats a couple of fine old Bretons you've got there no wonder your french is so tip top!! Love dresser my kitchen same colour, except dirtier!

Pipany said...

Hello Toady - love the dresser. Why is it that whenever the camera comes to play, junk spots it and joins in too? I have loads of pics I thought I could upload only to discover they nearly all have piles of rubbish lurking at the edges - Oh and the hoover; always the bloody hoover!!! xx

Suffolkmum said...

My kitchen is the same colour too! Well done on the dresser!

Woozle1967 said...

Great dresser, Toady! Love the French (?) cannisters on the top too!xx

Blossomcottage said...

Gawdy Lawks Toady what a great redecoration and LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG..
blog well done you might get mentioned is dispatches.
Blossom

. said...

The dresser looks fab. Am jealous of your redecoration and ability to get photos on site! Well done!

Faith said...

The dresser's pretty Toady. I think you are very clever to renovate it!

Pondside said...

Lovely colour on the dresser - would love to have it somewhere in my house too. Toady, have I told you that I love your name? It goes back to childhood and sisters and getting hysterical about our toes - sorry - that wasn't a very country-like connection, but your name makes me smile every time!

Un Peu Loufoque said...

yes Joyce grenful...Toady how did you guess and my father was Victor Borge (do you know him?If not try and get hold of a recording of King of Cemedy he is proably one of the best musical comedians ever I think) sorry if you spilt your tea I do like people day to starton an up!! I shall send Madame Grognonne around with a damp cloth!