Saturday, 2 June 2007

Winner of the Most Boring Photo Competition


Well after my last blog of misery I have better things to report.

Foot pedal for my sewing machine has been recovered from a dusty box, plug changed back to a British one, and I'm ready to start stitching.

Car Boot much more successful. I bought some trailing geraniums, surfinias and a regal pelargonium from a smashing old boy from Torrington with an accent as thick as clotted cream. He raises them all himself from splits, cutting and seeds through the winter to sell at Car Boots through the Spring.

The find of the morning was the plate rack. It needs a lot of TLC but I've been looking for one for months and it was only a £5. So I'm all ready to get productive but there's one big snag today. I'm baby sitting the Springer baby and he's got the devil in him this morning. He keeps stealing cushions from the sitting room and bringing them to me. Likewise he's stealing the t towels from Mother's kitchen and bringing them downstairs. I need eyes in my bum today.


It turned out that Mother's oven was faulty but Argos were brilliant and we've arranged to collect a brand new from Barnstaple on Monday.


Since my GP retired I've been seeing locums but yesterday I managed to see and be accepted onto the list of his replacement and what an absolutely charming chap he is. There wasn't time to go over the whole sorry story of the last fifteen years of depression but he has made me a double appointment for Tuesday week when we will have time to have a good rummage and try to get to the bottom of it. I must say he seems to be much more proactive than anybody else I've ever seen. So at last perhaps things are looking up.


Well I ought to be getting busy subject to the antics of one very naughty Springer. Wish me luck.

13 comments:

Frances said...

Good morning to you, Toady.
Glad you got electricity returned, but mainly want to commend you again on the car boot finds. More gems, indeed.
Guess that pup will give you lots of exercise today.
No matter what, I wish you a spendid weekend playing pass the cushion, tug the towel, whatever the next game may be.
xo

Bluestocking Mum said...

That is good news about the doctor as I know you were sad when the old one retired.

And also more good news on finding the sewing machine foot pedal+the car boot! I love your dresser/plate rack and what a bargain!

Hope things have turned round for you again and will keep positive.

warm wishes
xx

BTW-The Orange Man Blog-came from early in the blogs + I described T when I first met him as not my usual type at all. He was not particularly tall, blond, tanned-so tanned, he was almost orange. You will see in blogs to come, more references to the 'Orange Man.'

Thanks for your intest and support in these blogs-I do appreciate it.
xx

Faith said...

That photo is not boring.... why is it boring? I like things made of wood!

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Wow, that plate rack was a real find! (And I love those encaustic tiles you've got underneath it - I bet your house is a wonderful treasure trove!)
Yes, springers are lovely, but they aren't half hard work in the early years.
Good luck with the new doctor - let's hope he's as sympathetic and switched on as he appears.

Anonymous said...

You can find some real bargains at these car boots can't you. You certainly have done. Rummaging through other people's things can be very theraputic especially for a nosey old so & so like me.
Pup's are so gorgeous, mine is just 8 weeks old and in to absolutely everything. Talking of therapy, puppies are wonderful.

Grouse said...

Good luck for Tues!

. said...

Hope Tuesday goes well. Love photo of your dog!

Suffolkmum said...

Love the plate rack. So glad the new doc seems good - that can make all the difference. Good luck tomorrow.

muddyboots said...

good luck & all that!

Woozle1967 said...

So glad you've got a doctor who will take time to listen - they're always so quick to write a prescription or fob you off - he sounds a gem. Hope the double appointment goes well. Love the plate rack - what a bargain!xx

Inthemud said...

Hi Toady,
Plate rack is perfect, I'm sure you'll make it look just as you want it. You do well with your finds at Car Boot sales. I 'm never very lucky, though this morning in Charity shop , which every thing normally very expensive I found 2 of the large old fashioned mixing bowls for £3 each, brill I thought, last one I'd got from antique place cost me £12!

Thanks for your message and advice, It does help.

Glad new GP is going to listen, that is what you need an understanding GP. Good Luck

countrymousie said...

New Dr sounds hopeful doesnt he - sometimes it only takes a new view on something to get to the bottom of it.
I was very depressed when my doctor retired but the new one I am seeing, sees me in a new light and is being so helpful, I wish I had changed before.
love mousie

Pondside said...

Good luck with the springer and with the plate rack. Will you post a pic when it's all done and full?
Glad to hear you have a new GP. It's difficult here too. Lots of people don't have a family doctor and are making do by visiting a clinic now and again.