Monday, 31 December 2007

Last Day of The Year

Well it's the last day of 2007 and I've been watching and listening to reviews on the TV and radio and thought I'd just do a little one of my own.

It's been about a year since I tentatively posted a blog on a magazine site and started to get aquainted with some wonderful people who have turned out to be the Purple Coos. I type this blog in purple in tribute to you all . You have certainly added a wonderful new dimension to my life and the support I have received has been nothing short of fantastic. I shall raise a glass at midnight to you all.

Health
Well I shall skip over the Black Dog. We all know he's there in the corner and he's best ignored for the time being. He's under control but not banished for now. Physical health for the family has been good except for the usual fluey things, so that's a big plus.

Wealth
Well in spite of giving Ernie a lump sum and the occassional lottery ticket we're still bumping along at the bottom but we have no mortgage or credit card debt and we owe nothing to anybody so as long as we can maintain that I'm content.

Happiness
Hard to quantify when you have clinical depression but the biggest low was the tribunal and losing darling Bo, but these have been balanced by winning the tribunal and finding our lovely new Minnie. She is turning into the most lovely dog. We have still got a few problems with house training and trying to cure her kennel stress which makes her run round in circles when she gets worried about something, but she is so loving and playful and we are totally besotted with her.

Bideford will be invaded tonight for the New Year celebrations. I don't know why or how this has evolved but over the last 20 or so years Bideford is the place to be. For a small market town we attract about 10 thousand extra souls, the pubs and streets will be heaving, many will wear fancy dress and it's usually a great night rounded off with a fireworks display. We shall go down late as I don't think I can handle the crowds at the moment, take a bottle and toast in 2008.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Faith said...

A good idea Toady, the way you've done your blog. I will suggest we do that in the common room. And up and down year for you, as for me.

My eldest stepdaughter is currently living in Bideford and looking forward to the revels tonight. Have a super time!

Best wishes for 2008 Toady - may the black dog stay in the corner!

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Hi Toady - a happy New Year to you, too - it really has been a pleasure to get to know you and share your ups and downs (and the odd envy-making junk-shop find, I seem to remember!)

I have fond memories of Bideford, following a lovely farm holiday we had at the peak of the foot & mouth epidemic in 2001 (I think?). Our Boy was just two, and kept pointing at things saying "Binnefant" - so much so, we gave that name to a cat.

Didn't realise zooming round in circles was a stress thing. Brown Dog often does it when we've got guests he doesn't know. We call it his 'circle-line thing'. Wonder what we can do to help him feel less stressed.

All the very best for 2008, Toady.

LBD xx

Casdok said...

And to you to!!
Lovely blog!

Maggie Christie said...

A great end of year blog, Toady. I'll be raising a glass to you and all the other Purplecooers tonight too. Happy New Year!

Sally Townsend said...

Nicely put Toady, kick the old black dog into the corner and have a wonderful eve in Bideford x

CAMILLA said...

A lovely blog Toady,

I am so grateful to have met you Toady, and thank you for being there for me on the loss of my Robbie, and for sending me that beautiful cushion with Robbie's picture on, I shall treasure it always.

Best of luck with Minnie's house training,she looks a real cutey, I am sure you will have many happy moments together.

I shall raise my glass to you and all my other cyber friends tonight Toady, thanks for your friendship.

Wishing you all the very best for 2008. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

With Love and Best Wishes,
Camilla.xx

snailbeachshepherdess said...

Lovely blog Toady ...shake a chair leg at that old black dog ...keep him in the corner...Happy New Year for 2008

Frances said...

Best wishes for a very Happy 2008, Toady.

I have really learned a lot from everyone on this site, and from the way that this site was created.

It is really grand to be in touch with you any time that my keyboard connects successfully with the internet.

The friendships forged here are so genuine, and supportive. They really do give me a very positive feel for the future when some news headlines might indicate otherwise.

xo

Grouse said...

MAKE THIS YOUR 'MIND OVER MATTER' YEAR!
There is some sort of pheramone you can buy from the vets that 'plugs in' to a socket like an air freshener which can be very effective for stress....they do a cat one too.

Tattieweasle said...

Happy New Year Toady you've acheived great things! 2008 will be a great year I'm sure.
Glad the Black Dog is in it's kennel, mine's on a short leash - they follow you about so, but as time goes on they become more manageable I promise...

Kathleen said...

Toady, Happy New Year to you! Keep Miss Minnie in line and keep the black dog in the corner!