
Well here is the last vintage ad for this year. This appeared in 1955 but the brand came into being in 1936 and was named after a J M Barrie play of the same name. I've gone off them lately since they mucked about with them.
I'll have to find another interesting calender for next year.
Minnie continues to find her paws and it's hard to believe that we've only had her a week tomorrow. She is very affectionate and playful and now that we've let her off the lead, she has a really good turn of speed but luckily comes when she's called. The first time she met Max, my daughter's Springer, she was very timid and a bit bullied but the paw's on the other leg now and she is taking great pleasure in letting him know who's Boss. We have them both tonight as L has a night shift to do and her partners away. I can't see us getting much sleep!
I'm not feeling the least bit festive and finding it hard to get up any enthusiasm. We're all in a state of high anxiety as L and her partner are about to exchange contracts on their first house. Hopefully moving day is next Wednesday. Fingers crossed.



9 comments:
My grandmother used to have quality street in a vast tin when I was very small, my favourite was the flat gold toffees please toady don't tell me they have done away with those!!
Know what you mean about festive cheer adn not being in the mood, so ruddy cold here I do not want to have to go christmas shopping!
Me neither on the festive front Toady, but maybe it will come iwth a flurry next week ( not snow flurries I hassen to add) glad the dogs are doing well.
Happy Christmas, there I have started it!!
Blossom
Fingers crossed! toes crossed! eye's crossed!i hope all goes well for them....
I'm starting to feel festive the trimmings are nearly done it takes about a week! and colins huge sign gets lit up soon to wish the valley a merry xmas!!! i'm even getting the urge to have a party !! STOP ME someone please...xx
Just bought a big tin yesterday - we won't eat them all and I'm going to suggest Em ties up little bundles of them in cellophane to give to her college friends. Another nice idea if kids are coming round is to get some small branches from the garden, spray them silver or gold, and tie the sweets to them, hanging down on strings. Lovely ad Toady. I like the purple ones with nuts in caramel best - mutiny if they've got rid of them!
I don't feel like going out either, it's berludy freezing!
Fingers crossed that all goes through OK.
Know what you mean Toady; not feeling very festive yet either as I am so behind on the Christmas shopping (er, actually haven't started yet!!!!!) Not like me at all as I love Christmas. Sure we'll all be fine eventually!
Thanks for the brill suggestions on my blog Toady - am hanging fire on teh heirloom cloth as I think I have a few things to iron out. Love the idea of an ad though.
xx
Minnie is lovely, Toady! Lucky Minnie and lucky you!
We always had a tin of Quality Street at Christmas time when I was growing up - hate to hear that they've changed.
Love that quality street ad, Toady. I used to love the triangular green ones - no idea what was in them.
Hope you're beginning to feel more festive and glad to hear Minnie's settling in.
The golden ones for me - the round toffee and the chocolate covered toffee twig....
I'm finding the Christmas spirit tough to discover this year - seems to be true for a lot of us. Hope it flies in this weekend, eh?
Janexxx
Post a Comment