It is very Janet and John isn't it. Takes me back too. Don't know what make of clothes I wore . . . remember it all well though. Loved the Autumn cos that was when I could wear my vests with sleaves . . . can't remember what they were made of - some sort of thick type cotton . . . lovely and snuggly and long socks and lace up shoes . . . oooo happy days.
Peter and Jane to me...they were the ladybird books we had! Dogs ribbons are beautiful, and glad your hair colouring was such a success too...you are definately 'worth it' Toady.
Sliding far too fast towards the big 6 0 but fighting all the way. Sufferer from clinical depression but currently under control but not cured. Spend my days dog walking, crafting and avoiding housework.
8 comments:
Gosh very janet and John fashions, takes me back to learnign to read !! Superb!! Do you frame the prints Toady they are delgihtful!
Lovely, def. reminds me of Janet and John and all the Ladybird books too, love it. Soknow what you mean about autumn melancholy (your post below).
Nice picture Toadster. I was Peter and Jane more than Janet and John. Happy wholesome days, Mum in a pinny, Dad polishing the motor.
Toady, I used to wear dresses and shoes like that to school, except I would have also have worn sparkling white socks!
Thanks for taking be back in time. Learning to read was a major moment in my life.
xo
I used to have Dayella school blouses. They were lovely soft and warm.
Great picture, Toady - totally captures that byegone era of Janet & John et al. Haven't come across Dayella, though - is it a bit like Vyella?
It is very Janet and John isn't it. Takes me back too. Don't know what make of clothes I wore . . . remember it all well though. Loved the Autumn cos that was when I could wear my vests with sleaves . . . can't remember what they were made of - some sort of thick type cotton . . . lovely and snuggly and long socks and lace up shoes . . . oooo happy days.
Peter and Jane to me...they were the ladybird books we had!
Dogs ribbons are beautiful, and glad your hair colouring was such a success too...you are definately 'worth it' Toady.
Post a Comment