

I'm very sorry not to be blogging as regularly as I should. These new tablets have me firing off in all directions one moment and then dopey and thick the next.
Still can't get my feeble brain around the photos on the Coo site. I'll enlist Headmistress' help one day this week and get to the bottom of it.
I had a little wander round the carboot on Saturday. To be honest not many people are turning up because most Saturdays the weather has been atrocious. I did manage to find a dear little poetry book for 30p. I've no idea who Mrs. Hemans is or was or what date the book was published although it was published by Collins. I've scanned off one them which is very appropriate at the moment.
I'm also working on a new project for the shop which I hope to be able to post later in the week if all goes well.
Read the poem and have pleasant dreams.



16 comments:
The cover on that book is lovely give you 50p..xxoo this weather as us all fed up, i've not done or been to a carboot this year..xxxxooo dear toady
What a lovely illustration. It's amazing what you can find at carboot sales. The ones round here have often been cancelled due to the bad weather. I only been to one this year and came back with nothing of any interest.
Hello Toady,
You can get some great bargains at car-boots. I just wish I had bought a fine-bone china teapot years ago, with sprigs of pink rose-buds, I passed it by, dont know why, it was only a £1. How lovely to find that Poetry book, I adore Poetry.
Camilla.x
Toady, send me an e mail I've an idea for you !!
I love tatting for old books at fairs and car boots.
Maybe the tablets are kicking in now-still early days.
take care Toady
warmest wishes
xx
Gorgous illustration - the poem sound so heartfelt! I think the weather has got many of us down this 'summer'. Hopefully the tablets should really start to kick in after a couple of weeks.
You do have some good finds Toady,you must have a very good eye, as I have said before I ma so jealious!
very jealous of your boot finds. I look longingly at them, but the thought of dragging the three wee terrors around in the wet is enough to send me home again.
Beautiful weather again today in our way - fingers crossed eh!
Carboot? I have this image of someone selling their old goodies out of the trunk of the car...or is it more akin to a garage sale? Wah, I'm from across the Atlantic, and not up on the jargon...Help?
Hi Toady; I'm sorry that you are still feeling unsettled and I hope that the new medication will soon kick in and have you feeling 100% again. I loved the poetry book with the lovely cover. Honestly, that poem could only have been written by a woman of a 'certain age' who had had one sleepless, hot-flash-filled night too many!!!
Lovely picture. I need to go to a carboot or a jumble sale occasionally to feel fulfilled!
I haven't been to a carboot sale for years! I love looking at other people's "junk" and I think my best find was a set of plastic spice jars in the design of "Fred the Homepride flour man". I have no idea what happened to them come to think of it. They were probably worth a fortune! Hope the tablets work their magic for you soon.
What a lovely book and a real bargain. I would have bought that! I love carboots, we don't have many round here.
Try Dr Stuart's Tranquillity teabags to help you sleep, funnily enough I mentioned them in me blog today.
Everyone is down lately though I know that cannot be compared to clinical depression (my husband is a sufferer). Hope you had some sun today.
Caitx
Hello Toady! I can't do the pics on the new site either....
Do hope it all settles down soon for you - horrible when new meds play you up like that. I remember when I took the dreaded Seroxat, I thought I was going bonkers to begin with - everything was hazy and I felt as if I were permanently drunk......and, much as I like a drink......(!!)
jxxxxxx
PS - I'm hopeless at car boots, charity shops etc.....never seem to find anything. But you've obviously got 'the eye'. jxx
Good to catch up with you Toady, I hope you feel a bit better soon, I am sure it takes a while to adjust to the medication. The book cover looked lovely. Take care, Posie x
Don't you dare apologise for not blogging - there is never any pressure to blog . . . we are just delighted when we do see you either in your blog room, or on the site.
Not sure what is going on with the Pics AA said he could post your picture ok . . . . then again you can post it here ok . . so will tackle AA again for you. Meanwhile always good to see your posts and comments - but only when you have the time and want to . . .understood . . . Now how is the Still doing . . . not got a party for a while - so time to build up stocks.
ww
Post a Comment