Sunday, 8 July 2007

It's too Early


Sunday mornings are intended for lie ins but sadly not in this house. Bo had me up at 3 and then again at 6:15 . The lure of a nice cuppa and a quick visit to Purplecoo was too much.


OH is having a great time at Silverstone. He went off happy as Larry [ whoever he is ] on Friday morning with his new tent, a boot full of beer and a toilet roll - I expect he took some other stuff but I didn't watch him pack . Apparently the camp site is horrendous. They are packed in cheek by jowel, there are 5 showers and 10 loos, all filthy, and a Dutch contingent has brought their own generator and music system and they are blasting out till all hours. The race should be good though with a Brit to cheer on. I expect him back later tonight, tired and smelly. I will direct him directly to the shower.


Wimbledon has kept me occupied for the last two weeks and I shall be glued to the telly this afternoon for the Men's final. The atmosphere has been a bit lacking this year, probably due to the weather.


I did my four days cold turkey and have started the Citalopram. To be honest I can't feel much difference. I'm still quite anxious but I suppose I've only been on them a week so we'll have to wait a while. I've got a date through for the group therapy but it's not till the end of July. That gives me plenty of time to wind myself up.


I've popped in to the new site and it looks great but it won't let me register - no verification number is coming up. I can't wait to come and play.


My daughter and I did our occassional trawl of the charity shops yesterday and had a lovely time. I found a half finished Clothkits project in a box on the bottom shelf. I shall unpick it and recycle it into a bag or something for the shop. You never know what you might find. Sadly no more Burberry raincoats like Mother found.


Now it's back to normal, no tennis to watch, so I shall be blogging a bit more.

7 comments:

snailbeachshepherdess said...

lovely to see you back ....citalapram takes 2 weeks to 10 days to cut in effectively...hubby on it for life now. i couldnt register on new page either...you don't think they are trying to tell us something do you? Chuck us a couple of them pills Toady I'm starting to fret!

Un Peu Loufoque said...

You should get a verification email Toady if it has not come into your in tray look in the junk folder in your computer for it.

Good luck with the new pills, ohh how I miss sunday mornign car boot sales and charity shops!!

Bluestocking Mum said...

Good to see you Toady. Have missed you but know you like your tennis.

Will watch your progress with citalopram with interest. Hopefully when you eventually start the group therapy sessions you may get onto them regularly-it does prove they must be popular/effective to have to wait?

Take care and for now enjoy the afternoons tennis.

'see you' soon

warm wishes
x

Anonymous said...

hello toady i glad your feeling ok i to have tried to get to new site so i will see you over there soon get the kettle xx jep

Anonymous said...

It would be lovely if Lewis Hamilton wins the GP wouldn't it? Doesn't look like it's going to happen though! I'm hoping to watch some of the tennis this afternoon and will be cheering Nadal - it would be nice to see someone else win it I think! Hope the Citalopram starts to work soon.

Anonymous said...

To be honest I haven't followed the tennis at all. I don't mean to sound rude but it seems every year the same women win?

I do look forward to reading more blogs from you. It will be interesting to see how you get on. I know nothing about Citalapram but I hope I can be of support in cyber-land, along your other purple friends.

Crystal xx

Pondside said...

Good luck with the meds, Toady!
Lucky you to have found an old clothkits project! You are a girl after my own heart! Take a photo when you get it unpicked and re-done!