Oh lorks a lordy I've got myself into a right old tizz today. We are ready to progress the front room and just as other half is putting up the new radiator, ping, out goes his back. Talk about so near but so far away. He's been crawling about on the floor painting the skirting boards and reckons he'll start the papering tomorrow. Hmm. Managed to get a right bargain at B & Q. I just wanted plain creamy paper and as the walls are pretty ropy it had to be fairly thick. Not having bought any paper for about 6 years I was horrified at the price when I overheard two assistants talking about clearing one of the shelves and bingo, exactly what I wanted at £2 a roll.
The other cause of tizziness comes down to Ebay. Not Ebay itself but a posting I made. About two years ago I bought a two seater loose cover sofa with a pair of spare covers which I was told were new. Well the sofa has moved on and I thought I would sell the spare covers. Posted them last week but only yesterday bothered to go into the loft to find them They were not new. Spent a frantic hour trying to amend the listing [ too near finishing time] then emailing bidders to warn them. Had some bids retracted but the person who won them this afternoon did not respond. I have emailed again just to give them another chance. Meanwhile this lovely sunny morning thought I'd just run them throught the machine, they're cream and looked a bit dingy in daylight. Of course the sunny morning rapidly turned to cloud and drizzle and I've got nowhere to dry them, and when they do dry I've got to iron them. I ask you, was it worth it?
I'd Rather Dance than Watch
8 years ago



7 comments:
I love all your videos, I'm a great fan of Spike Milligan.
Hope the back is better soon.
Toady, of course it was worth it. We got to read about your experience! Seriously, I am such a fraidy cat, that I cannot imagine ever buying or selling on e-bay.
I leave that to brave folks like yourself.
xo
Oops! Not a good day. I hope today is better and the sun starts shining for you. shining.
I did the same thing on ebay, very panicky few days.. love a bargain and hope hubbys back gets better.x
Oooo I love Spike tooooooo. And yes it was worth it - I mean how else would you fill your days . . . runs away!
PS Hope his back is ok . . .
Great re the paper - bargain indeed. Eeek to ebay - scary stuff indeed. Wish I could get my head round selling stuff there...
Hope OH's back is OK soon. jxx
Post a Comment