Monday, 25 February 2008

A Day in the Life or a good Alternative to watching paint Dry

Please save this for the night that sleep evades you and no amount of lavender oil, cocoa or sex carries you to the arms of Morpheus.

Reading everbody else's 'Days' makes me quite nostalgic. Long gone are the days when an alarm clock was an essential gadget in this house. We no longer have to drag our bones out of bed to do the school walk or rush off to be wage slaves and oh what I would have given then for an extra hour in bed. But of course being the contrary Mary that I have become I wake around 7 and if I'm awake, I'm up. The first thing is to send Minnie out into the garden and having performed she is rewarded with a biccie. The kettle is boiled , the computer fired up and the bird collected from the front room. All families have their little rituals and if Ossie the cockatiel is not brought through to the kitchen and given a cornflake she kicks up a very noisy squark. Breakfast is always cereal and tea and when I have finished I usually take OH up a cuppa. Now this is the time that determines what happens for the rest of the day. Medication time! Sometimes the tablets don't affect me and I potter on, but other days they can make me quite dopey and I can be like it all day.

On a non-dopey day I'll crack on with some chores, spend hours on Ebay and Purplecoo and get on with some stitching. Sometimes I'll nip to our Post Office to send Ebay and Bobbins stuff off and have a chat with Marie our post lady. I have very confusing conversations with Mother who lives upstairs, as although she has now got her hearing aids they have not really been fine tuned and it's a bit like the Fawlty Towers episode with the deaf lady!

After a sandwich lunch I take Minnie out for a walk on the nature reserve at about 1:30, then after yet another cuppa when we get back I'll either do some more stitching, surfing or in the better weather, gardening.

Supper is about 6:30 then we usually watch TV and although we try to be selective we often struggle to find anything worth watching so watch a DVD instead.

There it is then. If you managed to get this far well done, but I'd see your GP about your sleep problem.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
wake up at the back there!!

No comments: