Saturday, 4 August 2007

Catch Up

Once again awake far too early and that in spite of a really busy day yesterday going to Barnstaple for counselling, doing a bit of shopping and coming back on the bus [alone] The counselling was very interesting and went well BUT we were down to three people, two did not appear. One was one of the ones who was right in the middle of it and the other was my smoking buddy L. Personally I think that three is too small a group, but I shall persevere. We have one more session next Friday and then a two week break. Perhaps they'll come back.

I'm so frustrated not being able to post pictures but Jackofall has come galloping over the horizon to the rescue with an offer to talk me through it. I'll get there in the end.

The dreaded words Foot and Mouth once again raise their ugly heads. My heart goes out to you all with livestock and I pray along with you that it will be contained. During the last episode I remember going on the coach with Mother down to the Eden Project and going through the little town of Holsworthy, the epicentre of the breakout. On a farm on the outskirts of the town their was what looked like a military operation with police and barriers. I also know that many of the local hauliers grew very rich on the work they procured transporting the results of the culls. Let's have a purple finger crossing session that all will be well.

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words for the shop, it's given me a hell of a boost. Apparently Laura Ashley started by printing t towels on the kitchen table so there's hope for me yet.

The new shed has duly arrived and the garden looks like a bomb site. At one end we have the new shed - un erected and carefully wrapped in tarps awaiting erection and staining. In the middle we have the aforementioned pile of contents, and at the far end the now dismantled old shed waiting to go to the dump. We were going to try and sell it on but it is rotting from the bottom up. I won the battle of the colour and we have bought Cuprinol Seagrass to stain it. I still think the lavender shade was nice but OH would not be persuaded.

Well a busy day ahead. I've some bags to finish for the shop, some dreaded housework and a pile of ironing. Ho hum.

15 comments:

Elizabethd said...

OH!!! I love the cushion. Mmmm, maybe my next buy?
Sheds are such a fiddle to get right, and there is such a heap of bits and pieces. I'm sure it will all work out. Is this for your storage?

snailbeachshepherdess said...

Cuprinol seagrass is on my summer house...its lovely especially with a clematis growing over it. Make sure you are there for that next counselling ....don't drop out like the others. You will feel great for having completed the course....an achievement...doesnt matter if you are there on your own ...YOU will have done it!!

Faith said...

Agree with SBS about the course - don't you dare drop out Toady! If they all drop out you will get one to one attention anyway!

New stuff for shop looks great - floosies eh? My mum wore that kind of costume, they certainly clung to your bits!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so talented. So many people I have "met" on purplecoo are wonderfully talented with a needle and thread and I can't sew a button on without making a complete hash of it. I really should have concentrated more at school.!!!

Crystal xx

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Loved the flossie pictures but am a trifle concenred as they look not unlike my dear Eldest wiht her hair cut!!!

Do not let the others dropping out put you off going if you think it is helping you.It shows how strong you are growing, shop looks fantastic!

CAMILLA said...

Agree with what everyone says Toady, dont drop out, you have come this far and if only YOU complete the course, at least you will have completed it.

Love your products by the way,with Christmas coming up, heck did I say that, 4 months away, lovely gifts to send to friends. I have two very large outbuildings which I was going to renovate into Art shop, but it never materialised sadly. The Cuprinol Seagrass is a lovely colour Toady.

Camilla.x

Woozle1967 said...

Snap! Seagrass on my pergola too! Love it, love it. Had my first trip to Barnstaple the other week when I was on hols with the parents, and took Jess to see HPotter at the cinema there. Lovely town. Keep persevering Toady.xx

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Well done on the course - stick with it . . . and remember how far you have come.

Sheds mmmmmm. HS bought quite a large one and I was sooooo impressed when he put the whole thing up himself with just a small bit of help from me . . . in January in the middle of a Blizzard - my help was. It took him a while and the roof shingles were only completed in Spring - but now it is all kitted out as his small studio.

Approve of your colour - ours is more a brown . . .

Pondside said...

Hi Toady - I've left a comment on your site, but mis-spelled my name! I hope you'll know it's I!!
Don't give up on the group - these things happen and there is a pattern,so I'm sure people will show up next time - but the most important thing is for you to take care of YOU!
I am now wildly curious about the colour of your shed and will do a google search!

countrymousie said...

Toady so thrilled you are making such progress and lots of goodies in the process.
Love the colour also. Well done you - love mousie

Norma Murray said...

Keep going with the group. Some people always quit at the beginning. If you stay the course I'm sure you will benefit.
What's the shed for? I love my shed. I store my vegetables and garden tools at one end and make glass beads at the other. It's my sanctury.

Anonymous said...

Hi Toady, I have actually left a comment for u before ,but on looking at your blog can`t seem to find it....anyway I would just like to say GOOD LUCK with your new venture....had a look at your bags ..absoloutly beautiful...I will be ordering some from you...and also good luck with CBT...you are a an inspiration to me....

Suffolkmum said...

Great cushion TOady, I love your stuff. Listen to us all - don't you dare drop out!

Anonymous said...

have to leave a comment cos you are stuck on 13, hope shop goes well, what are planning on putting in your grand sounding shed, the colours you are planning have reminded me to get off the pc and re stain my own shed, boring brown i fear

Posie said...

You are so talented. I am really glad to hear you are so much better, best wishes, onwards and upewards, Posie x