
Where does the time go? If I was fit enough to go out to work I wouldn't have time.
Have been busy making for Folksy and the Christmas Craft Fairs and helping L with her new enterprise. More of that later.
Autumn has well and truly come to North Devon. Within a week of early gales the trees are being stripped bare and we are back to a kitchen floor like a mud bath after the dogs have had their run. The garden is looking very bleak and the banana succumbed to a tiny touch of frost last week and is hanging battered and forlorn. I must go out and tidy it up a bit and protect the growing point. The tree fern is now in the front porch and should get through without any protection but I shall keep an eye on it . About a month ago I planted some Tete a Tete narcissi in pots and baskets and was a bit suprised to see that the growing tips are already through. At this rate they'll be in flower at Christmas.
So far coping quite well with the time of year. I suppose keeping busy is helping but my motivation levels are quite low and need a rocket up the rear to get going in the mornings.
Oh well, onwards and upwards [ hopefully ]



14 comments:
Hello Toady. I so love that apron. What about L's new venture? What is it? Very exciting and mysterious! xx
Hi Toady! I keep looking out the window and seeing things to do in the garden but it has been sooo horrid, I don't want to venture out! So, I sit by the Rayburn and drink tea, perusing the Coo instead - oh,dear........
Seriously though, this week the time of 3 o'clock has suddenly crept up on me and I think - heck! What have I done today? It's those nights drawing in.........xx
Come and tidy my garden up whilst your at it, will you? I'm not even motivated enough to face up what needs to be doing out there! That apron looks good.
Very pretty heart.
We too have suffered the gales here, and the rain, and more rain!
Love the bags. You work too hard!
CJ xx
Sounds like you're doing a lot Toady.
Lovely aprons and teddies, wish that I was as clever as you.Think we all hate the lack of daylight but keep your spirits up Toady.(lawyerlady)
Yes, autumn is here too. If you find that rocket, could you let me borrow it after you? ;-)
xx
You certainly are a busy bee Toady. I used to do A christmas craft range years ago. It was great fun, but sorry I never kept any of my designs for myself. See them now in friend's houses. Looking forward to my pinny. My garden needs a big clean up, but it is too cold at the moment, and I can't face it.Did a big tidy up on my wardrobe, and drawers to-day, and feel great. xx
How lucky your are to have bananas and tree ferns outside still....albeit with a bit of brown on the leaves.
I brought mine with me from Cornwall to Ireland (a fairly Northern part....latitude of York), and have to now bring mine in to the conservatory in the winter. They had always grown happily outside all year round in Cornwall!!
My bulbs are coming through too, which is a bit of a blow as I need them for the Show in March.
Definitely a day for onwards and upwards round here. Again. Nice to think of bulbs and new growth though - even if it is a couple of months too soon.
Excellent bags, Toady. Like Woozle, there's so much to do in our garden it's hard to know where to start. But lucky you to have your very own banana. Hope it's wrapped up warm this weekend.
x
Post a Comment