
Poor blog room unvisited and unread for about a month. Thick dust and cobwebs forming, abandoned coffee cups, unemptied wastepaper bin. Oooh she's a stranger to bleach, this one.
Fling open the windows and rush around with feather duster and marshal thoughts. That's better. Now where to begin?
Have had a bit of bother involving a spot of surgery that is well documented in the PC private forum but will just mention that if you're ever poorly in N.Devon rest assured of the best treatment at the NDDH. Lovely friendly people and the best of care. Even got to choose my own music in the op theatre and was invited to tell a few jokes during the procedure. Of course couldn't think of one at the time.
Following the rush of energy redecorating the stairs, hall and landing, posh new carpet and light fitting OH had another rush of blood and I found him chipping away at the foul Bradstone fireplace that extended into two alcoves and has driven both barmy since we moved in . He wanted to get all the muck out of the way before the hall carpet arrived. So we are living in a bomb site but the end is nigh. Managed to find a lovely fireplace on Ebay at a bargain price and am having a lovely time thinking about wallpaper and curtains. The room is quite small so I'm keeping it very plain with just colour and pattern from the pictures. Talking of pictures why is it that none of my prints and posters fit my existing frames? I have always collected posters especially from the art exhibitions that take place every summer in France and I have some beauties, alas none fit my existing frames. I have also got my mitts on two lovely Edward Hopper prints of New England. Roll on getting it all finished - I really only like doing the pretty bits. Trouble is I've now got a fancy for a new kitchen but haven't told himself yet.
Gardening has been keeping me busy and at long last I've got L interested. Had a plea last Saturday to go plant shopping - no arm twisting required - so that they can get their front garden tidied up. No great problems as it's not very big so we got five easy growing shrubs to start her off. On Sunday, with bossy mother hat on, I supervised the digging over of the bed, removing very long rooted dock plants, insisting that every last scrap of tap root was removed. Planted up, watered and covered with woodchip. She's tickled pink with the result. I'll make a gardener of her yet.



10 comments:
Toady, how lovely that you are back, cleaning out the room...!
I'm so pleased your op went so well, such a relief.
Wont it be wonderful after all the redecoration is finished, you can sit and relax with your new fireplace!
So pleased you are back in yuor blogroom Toady. Sounds like everything is going nicely now. Great to have a plan and something to look forward to.
Something for you to look forward to; a new blog room where you can while away the hours keeping us lot updated with life in Devon. I've probably mentioned it before but I have friends who live near Barnstaple, known them all my life.
Take care,
CJ xx
How lovely to see you back in your blog room, cobwebs all blown away now and all looking bright and sparkly!
Redecoration is so good for making you feel better.
Glad op all gone well and you had such lovely support and care.
Lovely to see you back, Toady. Sounds as though all is going well on the home front and hope the health continues well too. Lovely to hear of the conversion of the daughter to gardening!
Great to be reading this Toady, and I so look forward to reading more soon.
(Just keep in mind that I still just wish that I could go to one of those boot sales with you ... treasure hunting!)
xo
Lovely to see you back Toady. I was thinking about you yesterday evening, whilst having a (slightly confused) conversation with R4. We were watching the film 'Surf's Up' starring a little penguin called Cody. R4 wouldn't hear of it. "He's called Toady," she argued. "No, Cody," said I. "C. O. D. Y. Cody." R4 pouted. "I prefer Toady," she said. Toady it is then. I don't think she's been reading your blog, but the girl's obviously got taste (and an opinion!)
xx PM
doazhOh am excited by thoughts of redecorating now Toady. will have to live vicariously through yours though. |Pictures of new fireplace please xx
Lovely to have you back, Toady - really have missed you. Aha, so you too are living in a bombsite - I know the feeling all too well! But it will be great when it's done.
Hey, if you ever feel like getting rid of some dock (and ground elder and bindweed) come on over - I'll make the scones and shout encouragement!
Oooh, Edward Hopper - I love his paintings. Glad your hospital experience went well & hope you're making a good recovery.
Post a Comment