
The ruddy back has taken a good ten days now to start feeling better. Unable to do much at all I've caught up on all the recorded films and documenaries , read a couple of books and worked out the work and colour schemes for the hall and stairs and the front room. OH is distinctly unimpressed as he thought it was just paint and new carpet. Back to the drawing board.
Then the boredom set in. I surfed Ebay for everything and nothing, worked out the first jobs for the garden when the weather and creaky back allows and ate far too much chocolate. And then the light bulb moment. I first started making stained glass panels about 10 years ago following an evening class. It is a dirty, mucky hobby and you really need a shed or an outhouse to work in so I have not unpacked all my equipment since coming back from France. ****We've got a shed***** True it's packed to the gunnels with Gawd knows what, but I'm sure a corner can be found for me. Again OH not impressed but after explaining that it seems daft to have that lovely new shed stuffed with carp and not be able to use it, does seem such a waste, yadda yadda yadda. I had a lovely time online choosing beautiful glass, cathedrals, wispies, streakies, purples, reds, blues. Absolute Heaven. I had a bit of a nasty shock when it was totted up as the prices seem to have doubled since I last bought a stash but hey ho.
The parcel arrived this morning and I can't wait to get started again. Now I've just got to get OH down to the shed to find me a corner. Don't hold your breath.



10 comments:
A shed stuffed with Carp LOL a bit smelly!!
I love stained glass you clever thing.x
I have a brother who does stained glass, I love it, you are clever!
Glad to hear the back is improving, and looking forward to seeing your stained glass creations!
xx
So sorry to hear about your back - can truly sympathise. But it seems to have served a purpose re: your lightbulb moment - sometimes life's like that. Hope you're back on your feet very soon and looking forward to see what you do with all that glass - sounds like a wonderful hobby.
xx
Wow total stained glass envy - something I have wanted to do for a while. . . .
I do hope the back is healing now, but as LBD says you wouldn't have had your lightbulb moment without a conked out back . . .
I'm glad to hear that recovery is a light on the horizon. Bad backs are too, too awful!
Lucky that you remembered your stained glass 'stuff'. What a wonderful distraction - although you have my sympathy re the totting up of the bill for your order. Isn't it terrible how quickly 'a few little things' can turn into a huge bill?
Of course, I OWN a piece of Toady's beautiful handmade stained glass - now, now you jealous lot...it's MINE!!!! xx
YOu sounded exactly like me...up until the bit about the stained glass. YOu are clever - is there no end to your talents? I love stained glass and have a few small pieces by a local artist....
And lucky Pipany! Looking forward to seeing the work from the shed!
jxx
Hi Toady,
Hope your back is improving, bad backs are truly horrid, and so painful.
I adore stain glass Toady, I love the way the light shines through on coloured glass.
Camilla.xx
Hi Toady - just popped in to see if you're feeling any better. I hope that the back is improving.
Post a Comment